Print Operator at United Mail
Location: Louisville, KY
MUST have 1 or more years of printer experience and have computer aptitude. The Print Operator will be responsible for the day to day operation of all color inkjet presses.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The Print Operator will be responsible for making sure that the job prints on time and with the highest quality, according to established ISO quality procedures. Below is a list of primary responsibilities and requirements for this position:
- Be familiar or have experience with color management/match
- Operation of color inkjet presses
- Ability to work with and explain issues to technicians
- Ability to follow all ISO work instructions
- Opening of stock for ongoing print work
- QC of all printed material
- Handling of all printed material (routing, stacking, etc)
- Inventory of all printer room consumables
- Maintenance and troubleshooting of color inkjet presses
- Keeping print area clean and uncluttered at all times
- Logging of all print jobs in Digital Print Log
- Operate manual pallet jack (training provided)
Must have good mechanical aptitude for clearing jams and other routine maintenance
- Computer aptitude a requirement
- Ability to work in a deadline oriented environment
- Ability to maintain high quality standards under time pressure
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as needed
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 1 or more years of printer experience
Ability to read, write and speak English
Ability to use basic arithmetic
Ability to read, understand, and apply ISO quality standards. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and move frequently; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Work area is temperature and humidity controlled. The noise levels vary based on which machines are running.
How to Apply
Apply for a job with United Mail today.