Mail Sorter at United Mail
Location: Cincinnati, OH
2nd shift, full-time position
Hours: 3:30pm-12am, Monday - Friday
General knowledge of United States Postal Services (USPS) directives pertaining to Automation Compatible Mail, general operating knowledge of the Multiline Optical Character Reader (MLOCR) mail sorter/bar coding machine; and ability to maintain attention to detail to meet quality assurance standards.
- Removes mail pieces from MLOCR sorting bins, verifies bar code integrity, Zip Code sort accuracy, proper dates and trays or bundles processed pieces.
- Prepares tray labels in accordance with USPS destination/distribution listing and conducts self-inspection to validate piece counts.
- Loads mail trays onto non-motorized carriers, verifies total tray counts, secures and placards carriers and otherwise coordinates the loading of processed mail for shipment to the USPS acceptance facility.
- Hand sorts mail pieces which are not compatible for automatic processing; assist supervisory personnel in maintaining required inventories of supplies, equipment and other processing materials.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Experience in direct mail lettershop production preferred
- Ability to properly use Lettershop equipment and supplies.
- Ability to read job tickets and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to understand and follow detailed oral and written instructions.
Stand, bend, and stoop for periods up to 10 hours per day. Lift up to 40 pounds occasionally, and grasp bundles of material up to 4 inches thick repeatedly.
How to Apply
Apply for a job with United Mail today.